While no application is really ever done, we’ve certainly come a long way toward building a native iOS app backed up by a cloud backend!
Here’s a reminder of everything we accomplished. We:
- we started with an existing application (Apple’s Landmarks SwiftUI example)
- we added user authentication, with signin, signup, forgot password and email verification flows.
- we explored the Amazon Cognito hosted user interface and explained how to implement “Login With Facebook”
- we added a cloud-based API and database to store the application data
- we added a cloud-based file storage service to host the application images
- we transitionned to a Custom View to support the authentication flow.
The backend for our application is entirely serverless, which means it’s extremely cost efficient, scalable, and highly available thanks to services from AWS.
Not bad for a few hours of work!
Please give yourself a huge pat on the back for making it all the way to the end!
What will you build next?